Monday, April 18, 2011

Getting into Shape, making good choices.

Make sure to eat breakfast.
Eating less can become easier if you skip a meal all together, but it is not very good for your body. Make sure to eat something healthy, even a fat free yogurt or an apple will do. I usually find that if I eat something filling I am less hungry for lunch and therefore pig out less at lunch time.

Beware of snacks. 
Now don't get me wrong, snacks are great. But I find myself always snacking or picking at foods without being aware of it. The more AWARE I am about the small stupid things like a cookie or chips, the less I eat them. If I am constantly adding up ALL of the calories from my day, the less I will eat the pointless calories and save them for meals or maybe a treat. :)

Don't mistake thirst for hunger.
I saw this in a resent blog I read. I totally agree with her (Carrots N Cake). Often times I find myself eating when I don't need to be eating. Usually I feel that I am hungry and a simple glass of water would take care of the feeling if hunger. It is very easy to mistake thirst for hunger.

Make sure to eat enough. 
So many girls starve themselves because they want to loose weight. It's funny because I will go out with my friends, the smallest girl and often times eat the most. Now, I'm not saying that this is ideal but make sure that your body is fueled. We need energy through out the day and if we really want to get into shape we need to be getting physical exercise. Without food how can we survive? Eating enough food also helps our metabolisms.

Get some exercise.
Now I know this is hard, but even taking the dogs for a walk can be the first step into getting into a routine of working out. Lately, I have been struggling with going to the gym so I have made it a point to find some work outs that I enjoy. I have joined a rec volleyball team that meets once a week and it really keeps me motivated to try and workout other days of the week so that I can keep up when I play my games.

Have emotional Support.
Having friends that are there by your side to keep you motivated is key. I also like to make it a point to see who can lose more weight or make something a competition. Friends help you make and set goals.

Please visit www.carrotsncake.com if you enjoyed my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment